top of page
  • How do I get in touch with management in case of an emergency or problem?
    If this is a true emergency, and lives and/or property is at stake, first call 911. For general questions or to report an issue, please see the Contact tab for contact information.
  • How do residents contact the Association and KPA Management during emergency hours and regular hours?
    In the event of an After Hour Emergency, please call center: -- 703-644-8976 During regular hours of 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. Monday through Friday you may contact: -- Mike Mauck, Hillwood's on-site maintenance technician Maintenance Office: 703-823-4690 -- Susan Miller, Community Manager/KPA Management Phone: 703-532-5060 ext. 126 Email: MAJOR EMERGENCIES: Please contact 911 for Police/Fire response -- Alexandria Police Non-Emergency number: 703-746-4444
  • How do I get email and/or text notifications about our community?
    Hillwood's management company, KPA, uses a web-based service called SenEarthCo to manage your account, post bylaws and board meeting minutes, store broadcast messages and other communications. You can also set up automatic condo fee payments and more. To sign up, email Tracey Wyatt at
  • Does Hillwood have a Facebook page?
    Yes, and it's a great resource to share and request information, get recommendations, discuss issues related to Hillwood or the general neighborhood or get local news that affect us. You can access it by clicking the Facebook icon at the bottom of the page or searching Facebook for Hillwood at Landmark. Please remember that this is a page for Hillwood at Landmark owners and residents maintained by owners and residents. It is NOT an official site, i.e., monitored by KPA or the Hillwood board (though several board members do post and respond to general questions). If you are an owner and have a problem or emergency that needs to be addressed, please contact Susan at KPA directly.
  • What do I if my toilet is running or my faucet is leaking or a leaky faucet??
    H2Options will fix it FREE as part of our water conservation monitoring contract! Call 703-242-2201 for service.
  • Who is responsible for replacing condo windows and/or garage door?Where do I get new ones?
    THE UNIT OWNER: Windows and garage doors (if applicable) are the responsibility of the unit owner. All replacements must be in keeping aesthetically with the current style, color and pattern of the existing windows and doors. For Windows: Replacements must have 2x3 mullions (grids). The choice of manufacturers is up to the homeowner. For Garage Doors: The entire garage door must be a four-sectional hinged assembly and measure @ 8 feet wide by 7 feet tall. Each of the hinged sectionals shall contain a row of 4 raised panels, each measuring @ 14 inches x 21 inches — thus giving the entire door an overall look of four rows of four panels for a total of 16 raised panels. The finish of the door shall be of an embossed wood grain texture. This style of door is readily available at major home improvement stores and comes in a range of colors. The replacement door must be "white." Hillwood Management will paint the replacement door to match the existing color scheme of the building. Prior approval for replacement is not required. In the event of questions or clarification guidance, please contact the Hillwood Management or the Board of Directors.
  • Can I install a satellite dish?
    You may install a satellite dish, if desired, provided it is done according to the following guidelines: 1. A satellite dish is to be installed and wholly contained inside the unit. 2. If a quality signal cannot be obtained inside the unit (as verified by management), then a dish may be installed (a) entirely within and entirely below the height of the privacy fencing which encloses the patio area of any unit; or (b) entirely within the balcony area of any unit such that no portion of the dish is allowed to penetrate the vertical plane of the balcony railing. 3. The dish must be painted a color reasonably similar to the fence or vinyl siding, whichever is applicable. 4. If the dish is installed outside the unit, only one dish per unit is allowed. 5. Wiring for the dish into the unit shall be through a single entry point within the limited common element patio or balcony area.
  • Can I change my unit's door locks and/or knobs?
    Yes. You are welcome to replace any door handles or deadbolts provided they maintain the same style and finish as the current hardware.
  • Can I install a video doorbell?
    Battery-operated video doorbells may be installed, provided they meet certain mounting requirements: It will be on the same side as the doorknob. It will be mounted on the painted surface exactly half-way between the entrance door frame and the back wall. The video-eye component will be at the same height as the entrance door peephole which is approximately 5'4" high above the landing floor. It may be necessary to mount the device on a 3/4" thick buffer pad (of wood or other material which has to be white and the exact size of the doorbell) to overcome any blurred field-of-view due to the wood frame around the door. However, before attaching a pad, first test the field-of-view with the device in direct contact with the wall.
  • Can I have a gas or charcoal grill on my patio or balcony?
    No. Our master insurance policy prohibits any open flames within 15 feet of any building, balcony, or patio. However, electric grills are allowed.
  • Who should I call of someone is parked in or blocking my assigned spot or driveway?
    If someone parks in your reserved space or blocks your space, you can have the vehicle towed. Hillwood uses A-1 towing at 703-971-2600. For details on the parking policy, refer to the parking regulations that are included in your condo document package.
  • How do I get it back if my car was towed?
    Hillwood at Landmark uses A-1 Towing. The company can be reached at 703-971-2600.
  • Which days are trash and/or recycling picked up?
    Trash pickup for Hillwood at Landmark Condominiums is Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Recycling is Thursday. Please leave trash or recyclables in front of your unit no earlier than 5 p.m. the day prior to pickup. Pickup usually takes place between 7 and 7:30 a.m. Holidays generally do not affect trash or recycling pickup unless otherwise notified. Please make sure to securely tie all trash bags.
  • What steps is Hillwood taking to promote water conservation?
    In an effort to keep the Association's water-sewer bills (one of Hillwood's largest expenses$$$) to a minimum, the Board has a long standing water conservation contract with H2Options. This program consists of repairing leaking faucets and repairing or replacing toilet tanks and values, FREE OF CHANGE, to Hillwood residents. To schedule an appointment with H2Options, call them 703-242-2201.
  • How do I rent the clubhouse for my event?
    Planning a holiday party, birthday or other event? Our clubhouse room is available for rental to residents on a first come, first served basis. For more information or to reserve, contact Tracey Wyatt at
  • Where do I dispose of his/her pet waste?
    Pet waste must be picked up and disposed of properly. There are three receptacles on the property: a trash can by the bus stop along South Pickett Street near the driveway, the can next to the gate at the end of laneway 3, or between buildings 265 and 267 behind the mailbox kiosk.
  • What are the pool hours?
    For 2019, the pool hours are as follows: Saturday, Sunday and Holidays: 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. Monday: 3:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Tuesday: 3:00 p.m - 8:00 p.m. Wednesday CLOSED Thursday: 3:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Friday: 3:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. The pool will close for the seaon on Labor Day, September 2.
bottom of page